In mid 2012, I moved to downtown Detroit and joined Atomic Object as a full-time software developer. Ultimately, it wasn’t the right fit for me, and I recently decided to go back to freelancing. Nevertheless, it was a positive experience, and I’ve gained new friends, knowledge, skills, and experience.
Over the course of the two years I was at Atomic, I wrote a wealth of articles for the company blog, Atomic Spin, on a variety of topics related to software development, ranging from specific technologies, to best practices, to community groups and events. Each article was crafted with care and attention. Enjoy!
On Programming Languages and Technologies
- Using HTML5 Form Validation to Improve User Experience
- FFI: Foreign Function Interfaces for Fun & Industry
- Behind the Scenes with CHICKEN Scheme (Part 1)
- Behind the Scenes with CHICKEN Scheme and SPOCK (Part 2)
- Three Tips for Tackling Rust
On Development and Management Practices
- Trial By Pair – Vetting Job Candidates with Pair Programming
- Thinking Abstractly: Why Programmers Don’t Write Binary Code
- Atomic Project Management: The Home Game
- Your Codebase Is a Garden – 5 Essential Code Maintenance Practices
- Tools & Practices for Remote Teams, Part 1 – Be Prepared
- Tools & Practices for Remote Teams, Part 2 – Communicate, Communicate, Communicate!